Download version 1.1 of the randomizer.
What Do You Need
- The randomizer (download link above)
- Java (JRE) 8 (get it here)
- A ROM of Super Mario Land 2 (v1.0 and v1.2 both allowed)
- A way to play (emulator or Game Boy EverDrive)
What To Do
Plug in your ROM of SML2, either select your options or input a custom seed, and press
Randomize ROM. If successful, the result is saved in the same location as the selected ROM.
What Does It Do
You can randomize the following:
- All non-boss level locations on the overworld
- Normal and secret exits of levels with two exits
- Most enemies within each level
- All power-ups in each level
- Platforms in a few levels
- Some additional aspects, such as music and physics
If you race the randomizer, it gives you a
.setgoal line to paste into the SRL channel, which updates the goal automatically, as well as shares the seed with all racers.
All research that has been compiled during the creation of this randomizer is available here.
- veearr - without you the programming of this would have taken me all Summer, rather than just Spring break
- Raccoon Sam, smellymoo - almost all of the ROM data came from existing knowledge found by the two of you, and I am eternally thankful for that
- dotsarecool, authorblues - the two of you were my inspiration and my first seeds of knowledge
- oh_deer, typwo, beastfrisian, wolfrune - the SML2 community has been nothing short of wonderful in helping me test this and further refine it
I’m available on Twitter as @slashinfty.